11.10.2010

Wired Kana - Hiragana and Katakana Practice Sheets



Learning Hiragana and Katakana, the Japanese alphabets, really helped me while navigating Japan and now that I'm trying to learn to read Japanese, they're helping me to understand Kanji. The sooner I was able to stop using romaji, and switch to writing Japanese in Hiragana and Katakana, the more Japanese I was able to understand and read.

To practice Hiragana and Katakana, my Japanese tutor, Rio Sensei, suggested I use practice sheets and write the characters over and over again. After all that practice, there's no way I'll ever forget a character.

Download:
Hiragana and Katakana Practice Sheets
(300kb PDF)
Hiragana and Katakana Practice Sheets
Or get them on the Wired in Japan Flickr.

The handwriting was generously drafted by a native hand, good friend and graphic designer, Yuka Nishino.

Similar Posts: